transport Canada drone training

Did You Know that if you own a Drone - Training is MANDATORY!

With the proliferation of drone owners, many are unaware that if you are using the drone for commercial use, training is mandatory.

What kind of training?

All Canadian drone owners need to have an SFOC. That is a Special Fiight Operation Certificate.   Without it, you are at risk for fines from Transport Canada and other liability issues.

This training involves attending a UAV Ground School Course provided by a registered Ground School provider, or, alternatively, self-training is an option, though it is not recommended.

Whether you are a photographer, or in the agriculture industry, engineering, construction, or oil and gas... you need to be properly trained.

Training ensures that all drone operators are educated and aware of safety issues and proper flight procedures.