Obviously there are many solid reasons to purchase a drone for the farm. They are useful for work, as well as recreational purposes.
What can I use my drone for?
I'm glad you asked. Here is just a short list of ways to apply your drone on the farm:
1. Pictures of the Farmstead
2. Equipment Inventory
3. Flooding or Conservation Land Assessment
4. Crop Health Analysis Inspections
5. Crop Tours
6. Impressing the Neighbours
7. Exposing the "Next Generation" to the Future of Precision Agriculture
8. Inspecting Hail Damage
9. Immortalizing those Perfect Moments
10. Gathering Elevation Data
This is just a very short list of what can be accomplished using drones on the farm. The truth is, there is almost no limit on what can be accomplished! The more people that are buying drones and using them for agriculture, mining, construction, oil and gas, search and rescue, etc., the more minds are being applied to finding out new ways to apply the technology!
If you are just getting into drones now, you need to know that you are not late to the game. You are right on time!